Director of Finance
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for providing leadership, structure, and strategic decision-making, and is responsible for direct management of the following agency functions: finance, accounting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll and employee leave balances, budgeting, contracts, and revenue cycle management. The Director of Finance provides senior-level responsible and accountable leadership, management, oversight and directs all agency business and financial functions and services, which support the agency's public healthcare, service delivery system. The Director of Finance implements internal control procedures that safeguard the organization and complies with Federal, State, and Local regulations. This position reports to the Executive Director (ED).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs all fiscal operations of the CSB; ensures that financial activities support CSB goals and objectives, the provision of services, and comply with the CSB's performance contract and state and federal regulations
- Performs a variety of financial analyses which include examining financial operations, financial statements, revenues, fund balances, and other financial information; analyzes the total financial system, its relationship to services and operations, and its internal relationships between expenditures, budgeting, reimbursement, and other funding; identifies issues, trends, and areas for increasing revenue from all payers; presents analytical findings and recommendations to the ED for use in making decisions regarding the scope of services, rates for services, long and short-range planning, etc.
- Serves as a member of the CSB senior management team; attends Board meetings and presents relevant reimbursement and fiscal reports; provides general advice, assistance, and recommendations to the Executive Director, the Board, and senior management members regarding financial operations and activities and keeps them properly informed
- Ensure all accounting duties are completed on a monthly basis (including, but not limited to, G/L, A/P, A/R, balance sheet reconciliations, and bank reconciliations)
- Direct budget process by working closely with the senior management team to prepare annual budgets and provided monthly updates for each of their departments
- Prepare journal entries for review and approval by the ED
- Ensure that financial reporting requirements of external funding sources and regulatory agencies are met
- Prepare monthly financial statements and year-end financial statements
- Direct financial planning and investment strategies
- Develops and/or implements financial and reimbursement policies and procedures, in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, recommends changes to the ED in order to increase efficiency, reduce the time for receiving reimbursement, or provide for other potential cost savings and effectiveness.
- Prepares financial statements and periodic financial reports on CSB investments, properties, financial activities, cost allocations, etc. for presentation to the Executive Director, the Board, and senior management team; prepares documentation, information, and correspondence for auditors.
- Authorizes the disbursement of CSB funds in accordance with officially established procedures.
- Represents the Board at appropriate regional and state meetings.
- Generates quarterly cost allocation reports and records; prepares routine correspondence to auditors, vendors, state and local entities, and staff.
- Oversees the maintenance of all accounting work on grants received by CSB, processing adequate records, reimbursements, code reviews, etc. to comply with applicable laws and ordinances.
- Monitors the aging schedules and maintains a reporting system for accounts receivables.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties associated with supervising staff to include hiring, assigning, and reviewing work, providing guidance and direction, evaluating performance, and disciplining employees as needed.
- Directs the distribution and preparation of client bills.
- Responsible for third-party billing, reimbursements and manages expenses.
- Is responsible for auditing petty cash funds on a quarterly basis.
- Manages financial appeals and payment plan system.
- Manages and directs a reporting system for debt set-off collections.